Rapid City Public Libraries Annual Report Released
Rapid City, S.D. – February 14, 2012 – The 2011 Annual Report for the Rapid City Public Libraries is now available to the public. The report shows increases in usage of both libraries, circulations, online use, as well as an increase in Digital materials collection and downloads.
The 2012-2014 RCPL Strategic Plan is also available. It was unanimously adopted in November by the Library’s board of trustees. It can be accessed from the libraries’ website at http://www.rapidcitylibrary.org under library information or printed copies are available at either library in the brochure racks.
The plan outlines the strategic goals and objectives identified for the next 3 years and sets priorities for RCPL that will strengthen the libraries’ services and the public’s access to information. The Strategic Plan focuses on five goals:
• Implement local information for government public policies and historical
archive and to increase public awareness.
• Maintain the libraries as community gathering places for all ages.
• Maximize use of Integrated Library System
• Address demand and increase public use of existing and evolving services; complete and implement a plan.
• Develop and implement a plan to further customer relations.
According to Library Director Greta Chapman, “This plan enables us to fulfill our new mission statement, which is to: ‘Anticipate needs, build relationships and communities, and connect community to a global world’.”